This is my mango with water droplets. I am glad I tried the water droplets, but I don't think they are the greatest. They are not quite matched up with the surface where they should be, and the drop shadows are a bit much, so most of them look like they are floating.
My process: I cut out each color area separately in my mask, including all of the water droplets. I started with the skin of the fruit, put the mask back on and worked with the droplets on the skin, moved up to the stem, then covered everything and worked on the inside of the fruit. The last thing I did was the droplet on the inside.
I am happiest with the overall tone and texture of the skin of the fruit. I am least satisfied with the droplets and the ink runs between the skin and the inside.