Monday, March 30, 2009

Thoughts on 10-second IJM ad

For my 10-second banner ad, I am thinking that I will advertise on a website like biblegateway.com. The audience would mostly be people who are of the Christian faith and are concerned with the message of the Bible (this is a website where you can find specific verses through keyword searches or look verses up by name).
I would probably begin the ad with Isaiah 1:17, which says "Seek justice, protect the oppressed, defend the orphan, plead for the widow." This is IJM's personal call to action.

I want avoid the cliché look of all the ads that show black-and-white photos of scrawny children with no shoes, basically slide shows of sad pictures. I think society has largely been desensitized by the bombardment of these images. I would instead opt for illustration, which gives me the option of stylizing and adding more expression to the images I'll be using. I might also hand write the verse at the beginning of the video to visually fit with the illustrations.

With the illustrations, I would want to keep with my trend of moving from sad and shocking to hopeful and encouraging. I want to move from the command of the verse to the action of the organization, along with an invitation to be a part of the movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment