Sunday, September 20, 2009

10 Owls


This was my favorite line drawing technique out of the 3 I tried. The other two were messier and not as straight-forward. I liked this one because I didn't get caught up in unnecessary detail, and I didn't feel the need to "finish" every line, there is a lot implied, and I think it works pretty well.


This is water color with a line drawing underneath. I like it for the shapes and color in the background, as well as the varied line weights. I think I could have done better with the different line weights, though... Also, I had more fun with the line drawing this time, there is some experimentation with scribbling and line as value. It's a bit looser than most of the other owl paintings.


This one was gouache with ink over top. I like the dripping in the background. I also tried mor varied line weight and scribbling. Here is where I was finding out that gouache doesn't act a whole lot like water color.

No comments:

Post a Comment