Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Memory portrait final



For the final, I chose to develop the portrait with the green accents, though I took features from other sketches to make it look more like my dad. It still doesn't. Anyway, I first did a gesso/matte/water layer, then a line drawing, then water color. I tried to do some line work that I'm not too familiar with, especially in portraits, like the scribbles in the shadows. I still tried to be directional with the line work. My original intention was to not outline everything, but I kind of ended up doing that anyway... I like the colors, but I think it could be a little more dramatic, since this is a very stylizing-friendly project. Also, I like what happened with the background in areas I didn't cover with the priming layer.

No comments:

Post a Comment