Sunday, September 20, 2009

Gouache 8X10



I learned a lot with this one. I really enjoyed the pick-out technique. Adding darker values on top was a little more difficult. Also, getting two hues in one area was something to figure out - not sure if I have figured it out yet, actually. My favorite part is the folds on the shorts and the lighting on the grass in the lower left. I also enjoyed picking out the muscles on the legs and arms, I'm pretty happy with how they turned out (for a first try, at least). I'm also glad that I didn't try too hard to put detail into the background figures. I am not really happy with the trees in the upper left or the grass in the lower right. I also wish I would have put more color in in the face of the foreground figure to the right. I think the shadows within the flesh tones could also use more saturation.

No comments:

Post a Comment