Monday, October 12, 2009

Conversation sketches continued...




Alright, these are the final sketches before the marker comp. For most of them, I continued with the focus on the two roommates, one proud of his work, the other horrified at the new decor. I wanted to incorporate tie-dye, psychedelic patterns, flowers, a peace sign, beads and/or a lava lamp. My favorites are the ones that incorporate almost all of those things, because it gets across how gaudy the room is, but Rusty liked the one that focused in on the faces, with a hint of what's wrong with the room (the one outlined in blue). I'll try to add a little more to it, like a lava lamp.

As far as style, I'm thinking cartoon would be a fun approach. I could get really animated with the facial expressions. I don't think I would want to do the coloring in photoshop, I'd rather address things like tie-dye in water color or something like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment