Monday, October 26, 2009

Montage comparison

Here's my first gouache montage for comparison, below is the second.


For the most part, I think there is some improvement. I especially like the gold fish. I changed my method completely for him, going from a mostly additive to a mostly subtractive technique, especially with the scales. I also really prefer these fins to the previous ones, they have more contras and detail, more believable I think. The tree is more intense and colorful, which I think is a good thing, but it could be a little less flat. I like how the guy's face is lighter, but I think I should have added more of the facial hair present in the first one. His arms might also be a bit to light, but his hands are more readable. I tried some different water color-like textures in the water/sky, and I like them. I also think I could have added more teal accents to the fish and the guy.


No comments:

Post a Comment